Thursday, January 13, 2011

10 Songs You Should Not Play At Your Wedding

There are many songs that you may love, but they do not portray the mood that you would like to have at your wedding. These songs are okay for your birthday party bash or backyard BBQ, but they should not be played at your wedding! Will you/did you play any of these at your wedding?
  1. Love Stinks - J. Geils Band
  2. Your Cheating Heart - Hank Williams
  3. My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
  4. Secret Love - Doris Day
  5. I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
  6. Every Breath You Take - The Police 
  7. Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton
  8. Brick House - The Commodores
  9. Closer - Nine Inch Nails
  10. Macarena - Los del Rio

**My Fiance did not understand why I have "Brick House" on here, but if you click the link and read the lyrics, you'll understand!

4 comments:

  1. I'm confused about #3 and #5.. please explain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, My Heart Will Go On is a sad song. People will automatically associate it with Titanic (and we all know how well that love story turned out). You don't want to set the wrong tone at your wedding. Yes, it is a beautiful son, but in my opinion, it is not right for a wedding.

    I Will Always Love You is kind of the same deal. It is a sad "love" song. People listen to that song after a break up and that is what most people think of when they hear it. I wouldn't want a sad love song about the end of a love affair to be played at my wedding.

    In my opinion, these songs are all songs that kind of put a bad thought into peoples heads and a bad feeling all around. For a wedding, one should choose happy, upbeat love songs that make people remember how great love is and how happy you and your significant other are!

    I hope this answered your questions!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously I meant it is a beautiful song, not son, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha yes, good explanation :-)

    ReplyDelete