Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Astrological Signs!!


So as you might have heard, the world of astrology has now decided to add another sign! This, in turn, will change a lot of people's signs. Here is the new break-down.

Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16.
Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11.
Pisces: March 11-April 18.
Aries: April 18-May 13.
Taurus: May 13-June 21.
Gemini: June 21-July 20.
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10.
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16.
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30.
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23.
Scorpio: Nov. 23-29.
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17.
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20.

Apparently there have always been 13 signs, but it was thrown out by Babylonians because they only wanted 12 signs in a year. The new sign is Ophiuchus (which I now apparently am). In an article I read about this shift in signs, they said, "The sign is associated with healing, enlightenment, medicine and higher education -- and also with black holes. That's oddly coincidental, given this discovery announced Wednesday." Creepy.

Ophiuchus

I feel that once people (who really care about astrological signs) hear about this, there will be severe personality disorder problems! I woke up this morning thinking I was a loving, adventurous, carefree, optimistic Sagittarius and now I find out that I am a sign that I can not even pronounce and no one knows anything about!  (Maybe this will mean I am finally "sign compatible" with my fiance, who used to be a Pisces but is now an Aquarius, haha.)

I did hear from someone that it apparently is only for people who are born from here on, but I do not see how that is possible. Now when people try to get their horoscopes, they will only be able to get the new one if they put in their birth date.

When I find out more information about all of this insanity, I will post about it again. As for now, enjoy your new sign!!

**Update** Here is some more information about the new sign Ophiuchus!
The constellation Ophiuchus represents a man wrestling a serpent, dividing the snake's body in two parts.  It is the only sign of the zodiac linked to real men, sharing traits with Imhotep, a 27th century BCE Egyptian doctor, and biblical Joseph. Like Imhotep, Ophiuchus is considered a healer of men and a doctor of medicine or science. He seeks higher education and enlightenment. He is expected to achieve a high position in life. Like Joseph, he is an interpreter of dreams and vivid premonitions. He is envied by his peers and favored by his father and authority figures

1 comment: